Wow!! Cayden's grown up so much...physically, emotionally, and his little personality is more evident every single day. Still such a calm, SWEET spirited dude! It's hard to imagine life without him.
Latest...
4 month check up went well...since I failed to blog about it, I have no clue what his stats were. (I know he's now 14 lbs.) Lost the sheet of paper. Ha!! Anyway, we did however find that he had an ear infection during that visit and then battled another one back to back after that. Being the trooper that he is, he never even let me know that his ear was bothering him. I knew to take him to the doctor because of his extreme congestion that seemed to last for over a week, and sure enough the doctor said he still had an infection in the same ear despite our round of antibiotics. Poor little thing...the doc said from a scale 1-10, it was an EIGHT! I felt so bad but knew that it was ultimately beyond my control. They prescribed a stronger antibiotic, and it seems to have cleared. Praise the Lord!!! I was praying terribly that he wouldn't have to have tubes. Conner had been sick there for a while too with strep. He got his first "sick" shot. Broke my heart. :( BUT, we seem to be back to our happy, healthy selves now and are sooo thankful for this WARM weather! (Fall baby + Loooong winter = Prayer, Prayer, Prayer!!) Overall, we've been very blessed with health and just pray that the Lord continues to do just that!
He's teething...lots of drool and chewing!! :) Conner began teething around this time, but we didn't see a tooth until 10 months old. For some reason, I think Cayden's will come in before then. We'll see.
He LOVES his big bubba, and Conner loves him. They have a sweet relationship...that seems to be working well for each of them. Conner loves to entertain and does just that to an audience member who can't get enough! Cayden is mesmerized, and Conner loves the attention. He'll say, "Cayden, watch this!!" as he does a cool kick/flip. ;)
Cayden's rolling over and has been for a while...couldn't tell ya, cause I didn't blog about it!! I'm terrible. Oh well.
LOVES...unlike Conner...TUMMY Time!!!
He's been sleeping all night...really from the start. He began having 5 hour stretches and at two months, he was sleeping 7-8 hours. We put him down around 7:30 or 8:00, and he sleeps until David gets him up in the morning. He's been sleeping in his crib for a few weeks now. We could've put him back there much sooner (Conner was in his room by 3 months), but since we've had a lot of out of town company and no guest bedroom, I decided to keep Cayden with us to give our guests somewhere to put their luggage and stuff. He does so good in his bed, and it HAS to be luxurious compared to the pack and play/cardboard cushion that he was used to!! We had to put a childproof lock on the outside of the door to keep brother out. I didn't want Conner to go in there one day and decide to climb in the crib or something. Never know, so I'd rather play it safe.
VERY happy and vocal...love the sweet little sounds that he makes. (I'll post videos soon!)
Loves his toys, and loves reaching for them and putting them in his mouth.
LOVES a bath!!...we always have our sidekick, Conner watching. :) I'm looking forward to putting them in the tub together one day.
He likes looking in the mirror...he smiles so big when he sees himself.
The ladies in church nursery and at daycare can't get enough of him which makes this mom feel proud!!
Haven't noticed a huge reaction to music like I did with Conner...but we sure give him enough exposure!!!
He still eats like a champ. I've completely weened him from nursing, but he has 3 to 4 bottles a day along with fruit, veggies, and cereal. I remember Dr. Edwards telling me to start with veggies with Conner and stick to the same one for a few days before moving on to another veggie or fruit. We began feeding him solids around 3 1/2 months old. We started with cereal then moved on to sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, and green beans. He has loved each and every one his like big brother. Conner is far from being a picky eater, and it looks like Cayden will love all foods too! :) :)
He looks directly in your eyes and smiles with his BLUE, yes blue, eyes!! (I'm even floored about that one....ha, I thought for sure that Cayden would have David's brown eyes. Mine are hazel, so I never figured that blue was even possible. Conner's are still bluer than ever!!)
That's all I can think of...I'll let the pictures tell for themselves. :)
We propped some pillows around Cayden to give him a new view...we also use the bumbo seat. Conner seems to think that's his seat, so we don't do it that often. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment