Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

First Trip to the Dentist and Cayden's SIX Month Check-Up

Yes...I know Conner's first trip to the dentist was just a few weeks shy from the three year old mark. :( I was so embarrassed and beyond nervous about this experience. However, it seriously could not have gone better. There are no pictures of him kicking and screaming in the dental chair because #1...that didn't take place, and #2...I wasn't with him!! They called us back to a little room so they could "get to know" Conner. They asked about his favorite things and other topics that they could talk about during the visit. (What they didn't realize was they were dealing with a twelve year old trapped in a 3 year old's body who would guide the conversation for the most part...Ha!!!) Anyway, after our little talk, they told me to go sit in the waiting room until they were ready for our debriefing at the end. (This clinic does not believe in holding the children down/torturing them to cooperate/etc...they let the kids lead the way.) They said that they would start out brushing his teeth, then move on to x-rays, and proceed through the rest of the process. When they called me back, they said that Conner did exceptionally well and that this was not the norm for a first time experience or for his age. I teared up. :) They said that Conner let them do everything!! He layed down as they counted and examined his teeth, and he even did them x-ray him in the chair rather in the area most children end up having to go to due to lack of cooperation. I was so impressed. Oh, and they said (which is NO shocker) that he's a very independent child. NO KIDDING!!! ;)






They encouraged me that we're doing great in the teeth world! I asked if it was truly necessary to bring children in earlier than two or three. The books tell you to bring them in at age ONE!!!...like before they get all their teeth. (I don't fall for that kind of thing!) The dentist said that as long as we don't get into bad habits (bottle during bedtime, juice all during the day, excessive sweets, or not brushing) then it's completely fine to bring Cayden in at around two. Whew. Not that I would've brought my one year old to the dentist anyway...it's good to have a doctor's consent. :) He said they want parents to bring their little ones in earlier for preventative reasons and to establish good routines. (Unless, however, you have concerns.)







His next visit is in a year at age 4, and then we'll begin going every 6 months. Just another proof that he's growing up sooooo, very fast.

As for Cayden....his nickname, Little Man, is beginning to suit him! We went for his 6 month check up on 4/14/10, and we found out that besides the fact that he's a happy, healthy (minus another ear infection), beautiful baby boy, he's a small little booger like Big Brother.



Weight: 14 lbs. 6oz - 5%

Length: 25 3/4 inches - 25%

Head: 17 inches - 30 %

Dr. Joe said he's not worried and believes Cayden's a growth spurt baby. (Actually it seems he's already packed on pounds in just the last few weeks. ) I'm not worried a bit either.
Other milestones and things...

  • STILL our happy little guy!! JOYFUL BLESSING!!!!!! :)
  • He's SITTING up...wobbly, but sitting up!
  • We got a TOOTH!!! (Which is why I believe Dr. Joe found this last ear infection.) Conner didn't get his first tooth until 10 months, so I didn't even think to look for any. Sure enough, Aunt Sissy found one on the bottom a few weeks ago. :) Cayden, being the super-duper trooper he is, didn't even let us know that he was cutting one.
  • LOVES to sleep on his BELLY!!! Got the okay from Dr. Joe to leave him there. He's just a belly baby. I put him down, and he immediately flips over...he snuggles all up on the side sometimes too. Sweet thing.
  • We're eating everything...well all the #1 and #2 foods. (He did have some saltine crackers for the first time the other night...pictures to come)
  • We're gonna crawl any day it seems. He has the stance and everything...much sooner than Conner Man ever thought about doing. :( NOT ready either....whew.
  • LOVES his mommy....loves David too, but he would agree that there's a special bond between us. He melts in my eyes...and I melt in his!! :)

No comments: