For the month of December I've decided to give up Facebook/Instagram...and chill out on texting, unless I truly have an opportune moment or if it's urgent. In its place, of course I will be focusing on my time with the Lord, but I am also striving to do more hands-on, purposeful activities with the family...putting Pinterest into practice!! Ha!! I also want to make it a goal to pour my time and energy into rebuilding the blog and journaling about our life and the seasons within it.
(Man oh man have I already noticed a change in our household...and my time has quadrupled!) Sadly, I had come to the gut wrenching realization that David, Conner, Cayden, and even Sarah Kate witnessed me on the phone way too much...as they waited time after time for me to put the thing down and have face-to-face time with them. I LOVE not even having it as an option...forced change, and pray that this will not solely be a monthly challenge, but an altered lifestyle!! I'm not saying social media is bad, but I had taken it too far...and was in dire need of a detox to say the least. I'm only on Day 4, and I've already seen the positive impact on our family...and in my heart.
- Rather than scrolling my feed to see what every one else is up to, I'm LIVING my LIFE the Lord's blessed me with!!
- Rather than posting pics of our day-to-day moments, I'm satisfied and content IN that moment.
- Rather than updating my status to whatever witty, profound, or random thought that comes to mind, I can rest in knowing that the Lord searches and knows my heart...and all those intentions (some that I'm SO not proud of!), yet He loves me enough to correct me and guide me in the right direction. I praise Him for His HOLY conviction and strive to seek HIS desires alone rather than any approval/attention from man.
- I'm finding there are precious minutes and seconds in the day that I've been misusing, but the latter days have been a blessing to my soul.
Brothers!!
She's escaping...Conner, Cayden, and Sarah Kate
Kissy Kissy...under the Mistletoe
LOVE this one...couldn't have planned it any better!! (Conner's going, YUCK, Sarah Kate is being stubborn about her headband, and Cayden's yelling, "Ahhhh! Her took off her bow!")...David and I are like, oh well!! It's my favorite.
The biggest change in Little Miss Sarah Kate is that she's Miss Speedy Gonzales....she walks, speed walks, all over the place. It's got to be the cutest, prissiest walk ever. She's very expressive and loves to interact...very vocal too!! Her vocabulary is growing, and she surprises me with the things she understands. SK's becoming quite the feisty one too, but I'll save that for later posts. Ha!! Keepin' it SWEEEET..for now!
I love this one of Sarah Kate looking at all the boys...
Conner, Conner, Bo, Bonner...LOVE this kid SO much!! He's growing up in many ways! Growing into all those emotions (deep emotions) that he's been battling over the last few years, and he's learning (continually and presently learning) how to handle them when they rise up. He's sensitive yet strong, determined, confident...yet caring...such great leadership qualities. I'm beyond excited to see how the Lord uses him! We were just watching Facing the Giants tonight - family movie night, and during the part where the football players are in the locker room praying that they will PRAISE the Lord whether they lose or win...he looked over and said, "Man, I need to work on that!" David asked, "Work on what?"...he said, "Praying like that...I need to work on it." Awe...what he doesn't realize is that there's nothing to "work on" when it comes to praying as long as it's straight from your heart and soul, but it brought tears to my eyes to know it's one of his desires to seek the Lord in a greater capacity!!
Cayden, Cayden, Bo, Bayden...Wow!! He's gone through so much of a change in the last few months, it's truly hard to take in sometimes. He's such a loving, funny, smart little guy. Talks all the time. Wants to EAT all the time...wait, not eat, SNACK!! He makes David and I laugh/crack up every single day, but we have to try and hide it cause he'll milk it til the cows come home!!! He's very animated...maybe a future actor!!...or drummer!!! That boy LOVES music and patting the rhythm to the songs on the radio or in his head...the other day he made up a song about the bathroom rug!!! Hahaha!! He's got a song in his heart and rhythm in each step. (sneaky, mischievous...that one. BUT, keepin' it SWEEEEET.)
***My sister, Alyssa, took these pictures on Thanksgiving at Mammaw Shirley's house, and I think they turned out GREAT!!***





1 comment:
What a great, loving family :-) All the best for you guys
Post a Comment