Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I broke my stinkin' cell phone...

Okay...my cell phone is officially BROKEN!! David and I went to Cingular to see about returning/exchanging it last Saturday since it's been acting up lately and it's still under warranty. We really depend on our cell phones since we no longer have a land line...trying to save money any way we can!! They told us that we needed to call a certain number to begin the exchanging process, so we planned on doing that sometime the following week. Well, on Tuesday Conner and I went to Bible Study and the grocery store, and I had placed my cell in his diaper bag. (I no longer carry a purse AND his bag...I only take the necessities!) I had placed it in the same pocket as one of his bottles of water. When I reached for it to call David, it was soaking wet. Obviously, I had not secured the top very well! 8( My heart was pounding all the way home praying that it could dry and still turn on. When I got home, I tried to do EVERYTHING to get that STINKIN' thing to work! I took it apart to let it dry, plugged it up, prayed over it, and relentlessly attempted to turn it on. After a mini breakdown, realizing that I had no way of getting in touch with someone except through the Internet, I e-mailed David at work and told him how sorry I was...I felt as though I had really messed up. We were so close to exchanging the phone and then I damaged it! Now they won't take it back, and we really don't have the money for careless mistakes such as the one I had made. Oh well, David replied with a sweet, encouraging message explaining that he qualified for an upgrade and that he would give me the new phone. I say ALL that to let you know that I'll get another phone this weekend. If you've tried to call me, we are OKAY!! My sweet friend, Robin, had tried to call us numerous times and could not reach us. She came by the house, and she said there were knots in her stomach as she drove up the driveway. She was hoping for the best but envisioning the worst. Bless her heart...I feel so bad that we caused her to worry like that! For right now, we just have David's cell. Momma, call us on his phone when you get back from the beach! 8)
Hopefully my SIM card still works, and I'm able to have the same number and transfer all my stuff. If not, I'll just be thankful to have a phone again!! Sometimes we take for granted just having the ability to communicate with others...it's kind of scary knowing that there's not a phone around to use. The only number that our home phone will call is 911...that's comforting, but I don't want to have to dial it!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh goodness. I feel your pain;o) I decided to take a swim with my cell phone at the first of the summer and ruined it. We don't have a land line as well so it was very frustrating. You never know how much you depend on something until you don't have it. Hope the rest of your week is good. ;o) Mel

Anonymous said...

We're Back!!!

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Sorry to hear about your phone - that stinks!

Thanks so much for coming to the dedication! That really meant a lot!