Today Conner and I spent a good bit of time at appointments. First I had the ever so lovely dentist appointment that I was NOT excited about. Pregnancy took a toll or tole...(spelling ?) on my teeth, and I was just positive that I had a cavity....I was wrong. Yep, NO cavities!! Yeah! Conner was so patient. He entertained everybody! He enjoys talking to himself, and loves to talk and smile at others. They were amazed at how well he was doing. One lady asked, "Does he ever cry?" I replied by saying, "Oh yes! I have a normal baby." Thankfully for the most part, Conner seems to be a happy, content little man. After the dentist, we came home for a couple of hours and then it was time for Conner's four month visit.
Weight: 14lbs. 6oz. (25th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 1/2 inches
Conner is still a little bit underweight, but it's not enough to worry about. David and I laugh about the rolls on his knees and his big belly, so it was a shock to find out he's still on the small end. I'm most surprised about his height seeing that his daddy is 6 ft. 5 inches!! Dr. Edwards said that they should be able to get an estimate adult height at around two years of age. He may have some of his momma's short genes after all. I looked in my baby book..At his age, I was 24 inches and 13 lbs. Who knows! All I know and care about is that he's healthy and clearly GROWING!
Dr. Edwards said that we can begin giving him food whenever we feel that he's ready. He recommended to start with veggies and then introduce fruit. I've been spoon feeding him rice cereal occasionally, so we'll start by feeding him cereal at supper time every night and then just go from there. Maybe in a couple of weeks, he'll get to have some sweet potatoes or squash. I'm so excited for him to experience different tastes! 8)
I forgot my camera at the house, so I took a picture of him when we got home. As you can see, he was completely worn out after our busy day at the doctors' offices...not to mention those nasty, painful shots! I'm so proud of him!





4 comments:
They grow so fast. :( He's so precious!!
he is soo so cute. i love watching him grow.:) and i miss you!
Elias finally made it to the 50 or 60th percentile around a year and I was sooo excited...I was beginning to think he was gonna be short like me and my dad:) He probably will be short, but I am with you as long as he continues to be healthy. So glad he was a big boy while you were out and about!
Hey girl...I added you to my blog! So fun to catch up with your family life!
Post a Comment