Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We're still here and are doing GREAT!!


Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged...I've been a bad blogger!8(
My family was in town last week, and we've just been simply busy with life. Time is flying...our little man will be NINE months old soon!!!! I tried to catch up with some posts of things we've been up to lately.
Also, I started work this week and it's really going well. (Thank you for everyone who's had me in their prayers!) The class is so sweet and I'm practically picking up where I left off...same classroom, same teaching partner, same grade....just with another group of kids!!;) Surprisingly, it's even been more enjoyable than I expected. There's definitely a God-given passion within me to teach!! Conner is doing extremely well at Mrs. Sarah's and I know this is going to sound silly, but I think he's already grown up a little in the past two days. Sunday night was hard...I cried as I picked up his toys in the living room knowing that we weren't going to have our routine floor time the next day. There were a few more tears Monday morning, but I haven't shed one since. I must say...I'm VERY proud of myself!!;)
My old students from the last few years have been just precious!! They'll shout my name with excitement and run up to me to give me a hug. It touches me in a special way and reminds me of the many JOYS in being a teacher. Even these new little ones have already found their way to my heart!!!

4 comments:

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

Oh Shelley - It is great to hear that things are going well for you at work. I am so thankful that the Lord has provided you comfort during this huge transition!
Lisa

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

We are so glad to have you back! You are such a wonderful teacher and we are blessed that Conner is sharing you with us!!!
Conner is growing up! I love his hair!!!

Just call me D said...

I'm so glad things are going well! You are a great mom and a great teacher, and doing both won't change that! Let me know if I can do anything to help :)

Jenny said...

soooooo glad to have you back! i missed you a lot, so it's nice to see your face everyday again.:) you made the transition well...proud of you. happy weekend friend. love you