We went for Conner's nine month check up today, and it went great!! Well, aside from the fact that he DOES have an ear infection. Dr. Edwards said that both ears were a little red, so he wrote us a prescription for some antibiotics and drops. (I guess part of me was prepared for that) Anyway, he confirmed that ONE ear infection in nine months wasn't too bad. 8) Nursing has played a HUGE role!! Speaking of nursing...I am so proud of myself!! I am still breastfeeding in the morning and at night, but we are nearing the last couple of months. It's hard to believe that I'm almost finished! My first goal was to make it to 3 months, then 6 months, 9, and finally ONE YEAR!!!! It has been a wonderful experience...not to mention cost friendly!!;) Hopefully, I'll be able to do the same with my next child, even if I end up going back to work.
NO shots...but they did prick his finger for an iron level test. They'll call us with the results and (in faith) an OKAY to introduce whole milk. He said to begin giving him milk in a sippy cup with the goal being that by one year....no bottles!!;) Goodness! Conner is really growing up FAST!
As for foods....
Dr. Edwards encouraged us to wait until nine months before introducing table foods, and we, for the most part, took his advice. He's only had bites of my veggies, crackers, yogart, and a few sips of tea in addition to stage two fruits & veggies. (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
I haven't felt the pressure to rush Conner when it comes to eating new foods:
1. It helps prevent possible allergies in the future.
2. He has the REST of his life to eat and try new things!
3. This little man is only my baby for a short season, and I want to cherish it rather than rushing through the milestones and stages. He's already growing up WAY too FAST on his own!
4. As you can see....He's VERY healthy and right on target with growth!
Now that he's nine months, we can dive a little deeper into the world of eating in preparation for TODDLERhood!! YEAH!
His stats....
Weight - 201bs. 6oz. (50th)
Height- 28 1/2 inches (75th)
Head Circumference-17 3/4 inches (50th)
And for the BEST news....CONNER HAS A TOOTH!!!!!
It was so funny...Dr. Edwards was asking about teeth, and I said that we still don't have any, but it feels as though we've been teething for 5 months now. He ensured me that it's okay and to remember that the tooth is beginning at the root and takes a while, but he felt it would be very soon. When it came time to check Conner he looked in his mouth and said, "Well, Momma we have a tooth!" My heart started beating as I looked at the pearly tooth poking out of his gum. It's really short and not very noticeable unless you're searching for it, but it's already come in!! He said the one next door isn't too far behind.
YAY...no baby dentures!!! (I was beginning to wonder)
.
We're off to Birmingham for the weekend to visit some friends, and I should be returning with lots of new pictures!!
HAPPY WEEKEND!





1 comment:
I love the picture of him on the banner! Beautiful eyes! And I'm glad he has some teeth:)
Post a Comment