Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I've been TAGGED!

My friend, Mandye, tagged me -
"Six Unimportant Things About Me"
1. I am not a very good driver...although, this may be VERY important to know before getting in the car with me. :) Throw in rain, nighttime, or the interstate and it gets worse! Seriously! Thankfully, I haven't been involved in many wrecks. My specific prayer that I pray QUITE OFTEN is, "Lord, make me alert to my surroundings and give me cautious eyes. Lead me down the roads you want me to go on."
Side note: I've learned NOT to COMPLAIN about traffic, waiting for a train, or taking a wrong turn or two...you never know how the Lord chooses to protect us from certain situations. To sum it up, I guess you can say that I have to really pray & sing....JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!!! :)
~
2. Speaking of my driving record, there was this one unforgettable experience my junior year in high school that would be perfect to share within this TAG! My friends and I decided that we would go to a NWR football game in Meridian. Adam, KristIn Arias, KristEn Akers, Walter, and myself rode together in my car...but I made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that I did not feel comfortable driving, so Adam kindly drove us TO Meridian. We watched the game, hung out with friends, and then it came time to head back home. HOWEVER, Adam talked ME into driving back home. He and KristEn were seeing each other and wanted to snuggle the way home! :0) How sweet....nope, it wasn't!!!! The other KristIn, who is presently my very best friend, was kind of seeing Walter at the time, so they decided to snuggle in the back as well!! (Hahahahaha!!) My friends totally left me hanging. Talk about FIFTH wheel!!!
.
Anyway, here's the picture - Adam, KristEN, Walter, and KristIn all in the back seat of my Corolla. ME driving and NO ONE, yes, NO ONE in the passenger seat next to me. Adam talked me into driving and said, "Shelley, it's easy! Just keep driving straight!" Okay, so I reluctantly got behind the wheel and drove the boring drive home...well, I only THOUGHT I was headed home! Adam finally awoke from his slumber and said, "Where are we?" I was like, "I don't know." He got mad at me and told me to pull over at the next exit. We stopped at a gas station where we found out we were in ELLISVILLE!! I had veered off to the left instead of the right going the OPPOSITE direction from Jackson. OoOoOops...Needless to say, Adam drove us the rest of the way. If he hadn't woken up, sadly, we probably would've landed ourselves in New Orleans. (My life is full of blond moments--which keeps everything very interesting!) We finally made it to Jackson at 3:00AM!!!! Hahaha!! It's so funny now.
Kristin!!! Thank goodness your dad forgave me! :)


3. My pageant history! Throughout high school I sang in many competitions, talent shows, and entertained for various events. Well, my vocal coach decided that it would be a great idea for me to enter a beauty pageant to boost my self confidence on stage...the irony behind that idea is HILARIOUS. The pageant was Miss. Teen Dixie. There were only five contestants...pretty good odds! :)
.
The outcome:
1. Someone won 2nd runner up
2. Someone else won 1st runner up
3. Someone else was the winner.
4. Two of the "someones" from above walked away with Most Photogenic and Most Talented
5. THEN YOU HAVE ME!!!! (who walked away with nothin')
~
Second Experience- I decided that I would enter our Beauty and Beau pageant as a Senior in high school, Just For FUN! :) Really all I was concerned about was Who's Who since I was nominated for Most Talented, plus, I entertained during the intermission. Soooo, I simply was excited about getting a pretty dress and being with my friends. As I expected, I didn't walk away with a beauty. However, I, along with my best friend, Walter, earned the title Most Talented and was soooo happy!!! Well, a few days later, for some unknown reason, they showed us the scores that the judges gave us. Guess what one of the judges gave me?!? From 1-10, he/she gave me a......look out people...a big ole' ONE!!!! What?! Now keep in mind, I didn't trip and fall or make a fool out of myself. Actually, in my opinion, I looked kind of pretty that night. They wrote down their explanation and it was because a bobby pin was showing in my hair. Crazy!!! I marched right up to the lady who was over the pageant and explained that this was a HIGH SCHOOL pageant and that although I personally thought this whole ordeal was absolutely ABSURD, others may actually get their feelings hurt. No one should receive less than a five for getting a dress and facing the student body along with family & friends...in my "unimportant" opinion.

Sooo, there's my pageant history. It may seem unimportant, but these experiences sure did teach me a VERY IMPORTANT truth! I am BEAUTIFUL inside and out no matter if man agrees, and workin' on the inside beauty is MUCH more important. GOD made me just the way I am, and HE would've given me a 10!! I'm part of His creation!!:)
~
4. I love to dip stuff....give me ranch, ketchup, honey mustard, marinara sauce, olive oil, cheese dip, french onion dip, salsa, ETC, ETC, ETC, and I can find something to dip in it!!! Yum!! :)
~
5. I CANNOT spell...and I teach 2nd grade! HA!! I get away with it cause I know how to use my resources: spell check, dictionary, and other people!! Actually, I reveal my weakness to my class each year so that they realize that all of us, even adults, have to work extra-hard in some areas. :) GREAT teaching moment!
~
6. Okay, I have to admit that I was one of the suckers who watched the Bachelorette this season!! Only a few seasons have grabbed my attention, but I got totally got addicted to it this year. My pick was Jason...:( Oh well, not that it really matters.
Perfect conclusion to my list of UNIMPORTANT things!
~
There you have it people...aren't you so glad you know all that stuff about me now!!:) Hahaha...
I TAG Emily, Kara, and Kristin - so you'll finally post SOMETHING!!!

4 comments:

Kristy Jones said...

You are hilarious Shelley. Your blog made me laugh!

deidre martin booker said...

hilarious. first off, i think you should have won the pageant 'cause you're beautiful! second, i love to dip stuff too. once i dipped wheat thins in honey mustard just so i could have some honey mustard!! sad...

Tate Family said...

I will have to brainstorm a bit. ;) Thanks for the tag.

Melanie said...

LOL...you keep me laughing. You are beautiful and should of WON the pageant...Good seeing you Sunday; oh, the baptism is on my blog;)