Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

2009!!!!

David and I had the best little getaway to the mountains. We ate at LOTS of restaurants, with the exception of David cooking his MARVELOUS steaks one night. That actually was my favorite meal...they're the BEST! :) We saw two movies - Marley and Me and Seven Pounds. Both are great movies. We shopped, played golf, and just enjoyed being together. No schedule. Period.

On New Year's Eve, we went to Gatlinburg to see the ball drop and watch the fireworks. It was crowded, COLD, but completely 100% FUN!!!

Conner Man may have had just as much fun if not, MORE!! He was such a good little boy for Mammaw & Pappaw. Every time we called, we could hear him playing in the background. David's mom got a kick at the fact that Conner would tell her when he wanted to take a nap...that's my boy. He also had some practice being a big brother with Devon around. :) Oh how I hope and pray baby #2 is this resilient and overall, easy. Although it was VERY weird not having him around and we missed him TONS, it's so good for David and I to get away by ourselves for a while. We're thinking we might alternate between our parents and do this more often. David's parents were thanking us for letting him stay with them, so maybe it's a treat for both sides. :)

This year we're going on SEVEN years together as husband and wife...whoa.

Taking a break from the llllooooonnnnnng ride home. Usually Conner's the best little traveling buddy, but this time he was ready to get out of his car seat from the START! Ahhhh, oh well, we survived. I think it may be time to invest in one of those traveling DVD sets with the screens that attach to the back of the seats. Yep. Anyway, we got home around 8:00PM on New Years Day.

(Conner's wearing Daddy's toboggan.)

We bought Conner some Carhartt overalls...like father, like son. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Sounds like you all had a blast! So glad you and David got to get away for a little while!
Way to go on practicality for Christmas gifts - I am right there with you ... and the boys never know the difference!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Tate Family said...

A surprise trip?!?!?!? WOW! How awesome is THAT? Sooo sweet of David. We never had a honeymoon -- I always say I want to go to the mountains for a milestone anniversary. :) Such fun pics!