Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Big Boy Bed...sort of! ;)

Early Friday morning I heard Conner cry around 5:45AM. I wake up every morning around then, but Conner doesn't. Plus, with it being a school holiday, I just thought..."Let's see if he can work it out and go back to sleep." Well, his cry began to sound as if it were coming closer and closer. I reached over in David's direction and felt him, so I knew that he hadn't gotten Conner out of the bed. That made me scared to say the least!!! Thoughts RACED through my mind. Is someone in the house? Did Conner crawl out of his crib? Soon I heard Conner at the foot of the bed, and David then told me that he put him in the BIG bed that night. Huh?!

Let me explain, at night I've been pretty much...hmmm, how do I say/admit this? Yep, worthless!! I'm not kidding. David has totally been taking over at night while I crawl in the bed as early as 7:00PM. He takes care of bath/bed time. Well on Thursday night, he decided that (while Mommy was in her sleeping coma) he would try to put Conner in "what WILL be" his new room. Right now it's still the guest bedroom. Anyway, Conner slept all night until 5:45 in the morning, so that's good I guess. It's just I wasn't prepared to make the transition just yet. And get this people, this is not the first time Daddy David has moved on through a milestone without me. Nope. One night at choir, he decided to give Conner a BIG BOY bath without his ducky tub. I guess I need to count my blessings that I have a hands-on, confident hubby who doesn't mind going for it when it comes to changing the routine and stuff. :)

Anywho...though I'm still not quite ready to make the change, I told David that if we can get on the ball with changing the guest bedroom to Conner's room, I'm up for it!!! Ahhhhh....I'm thinking that will mean more "early" mornings, but that's okay with us. ;) It'll be good to get a jump start with Conner getting acquainted to sleeping in his new room before the baby comes.

Sooo...this will be his new place. We're planning to do a camo/hunting/outdoorsy theme!! ;)

We'll keep you posted...but thanks to Daddy, we're off to a great start!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Yay!!!! That is great. So, I have a question. How did David do it? Did he just lay him down or did he lay down with him? How did he get him to stay still? Sorry so many questions. With Maddie we had a toddler bed which was a waste of money, but it worked for getting her used to sleeping in a bed for a month or so. She did so much better in a big bed though (she was (2 1/2 though). Chloe is ready for a big bed. She is always wanting to get in Maddie's. I just don't want to have to fool with it. :)

Shelley said...

I'll talk to David...like I said, I had no part in it. ;) We did the crib last night because I didn't want to fool with it and wanted to sleep in this morning. (selfish mommy...)

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.

Tate Family said...

That's awesome, Shelley! Joeie and David sound a lot alike. ;) Fearless daddies. He will be a big boy bed pro in no time! Wesley transitioned @ 18 months and has done wonderfully since then.

4mckenzies said...

I think Baker started sleeping in his toddler bed at 18 months or so and we moved him to a big boy bed before he was 2 b/c we moved and the toddler bed got stored away while we lived w/ my parents for a few months. Baker did so good. He never fell out of the bed or got out of the bed by himself. In fact, he still doesn't get out of the bed before one of us goes in his room and he's almost 4! Yes, I know, he's a rarity! He doesn't eat candy either!