Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cayden Update (2 years)

Cayden continues to be our happy little dude. He is so cheerful and full of life!...He wakes up ready to take on another day and you can just tell he loves to simply LIVE!...well, and EAT!!! He makes me smile and see beauty/wonder in the small things.


Some updates:


  • LOVES his big bubba and copies almost every thing he does. (dangerous)...I mean, even out of the corner of his eye, he will imitate whatever Conner is doing. Thankfully, big brother has been really stepping up to the plate here lately and has been more of a positive example for him to follow.

  • FIGHTS with bubba too. Just sayin'.

  • He still loves to eat though there's now more of a balance. Rather than living to eat...I think it's finally become more like eating to live. (with a few more snacks in there) Favorite snack by far is..."Fute Nacks!" He asks for them multiple times a day. And his favorite color is BLUE...so he's displeased to say the least when a blue fruit snack is not in the pack. Good grief.

  • His drinking has decreased too...which I'm thankful because it had caused red flags due to the amount he was drinking. He would down a cup and then seconds later demand another one. It's down to a more normal amount though...thank you Jesus!!!

  • Tee-tee in the potty!! Tee-tee in the potty!! Yep. We've opened the door to potty training, and he's done good. It's really on me at this point to take him often so that he begins initiating going to the potty. He's got a cute potty dance that he does after he goes. I haven't had to break out any other kind of incentive for Cayden like I did Conner....our approval and recognition seems to be enough...for now.

  • Cayden still takes an afternoon nap, and he goes down most of the time with ease even without Conner. He simply goes to give brother a hug and kiss and tells him that he'll see him when he wakes up.

  • Still can be demanding and will shreak a loud cry/command from time to time...we're breaking that though cause it's straight up annoying. Doesn't happen often, but he needs to know that it ain't gonna work for him. Most of the time, I can actually convince him that my decision is better...I'll simply correct him and explain whatever is going on, but I'll end with asking, "Okay??" He will reply with "Okay Momma."...he may be sniffling about it, but at least he will comply. Conner would've NEVER complied so easily...never. If Cayden is whining/crying irrationally about something, I'll ask, "Where's my big boy?" He will pick up his head, smile, and look at me saying with big crocodile tears in his eyes..."Hera I am!" Hahaha!! Conner wouldn't have ever done that either. I can almost go back in time and picture his response looking/sounding somewhat like this..."He's NOT here!!"...while throwing an object at me. Whew...I'm VERY glad that Cayden's more flexible and overall very obedient. Don't think I could've done it.

  • This child LOVES giving hugs and kisses to Sarah Kate...and loves simply being in the room with her. One of my greatest joys in life is knowing that the Lord didn't plan on him being our youngest. His little sister is one of the most precious gifts that God could've ever given Mr. Cayden. It's so sweet to witness his role in being a big brother...

  • Talks up a storm and in sentences...Who woulda thunk it?? Not me. Ha!!

  • He can count to 10

  • He knows all his colors

  • He will say that his name is "Chinchaw...Cayen"

  • If you ask him how old he is, he will say "two"...although now that he's learned how to count, I think he's been confused and will sometimes spout out other numbers.

  • He LOVES going to church and seeing his friends. Knock on wood...that child has always simply walked into his class and never has cried about going or leaving us at the door. It still amazes me cause I'll just say bye to him and he will start playing with his friends and toys. (Maybe it has to do with starting daycare so early...who knows.) Cayden is so very loving...and of course a favorite with the ladies at church.

  • Loves music and to dance.

  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Thomas the Train are his favorite shows...though Conner turns his nose at them so they're good for him to watch while big bubba's at school.

  • Loves animals...pretending to be an animal (particularly dinosaurs, tigers, lions, and monsters...if that's considered an animal. Ha!)

  • He also loves to pretend to cook and come feed me imaginary food...they both will make play-dough food/feasts for me.

  • Loves monster trucks/cars...David took the boys last weekend to the monster truck show, and it was a big hit.

  • Loves to play outside and ride down the hill...sliding is another favorite.

  • Sometimes at nap time I'll hear him have the sweetest pretend conversations to himself.

  • He's super FUNNY!!!!...and overly animated with a WIDE range of expressions. He'll get into character and have you rolling! (He knows he's cute too...)

  • His laughter is contagious...

  • He knows and loves all our extended family and will group them together correctly...like he knows Nonna and Poppy are linked with my sisters and the dog, Joey. And he knows that Mammaw, Pappaw, Aunt "Bandy", and Devin go together. He does the same thing with our aunts, cousins, and close friends.

  • He got a kick out of "Canca Cause" this year...Santa. We didn't do much (if anything) to promote Mr. Santa, but he caught on even with the smallest innuendos. It was cute.

  • He's gotten so much taller...sometimes I can't tell, out of the corner of my eye, if it's Conner or Cayden coming towards me.

  • One of the most precious, recent conversations. Cayden bumped his head on the bar in the kitchen and he ran to me crying, "Pay (pray) for my head, Momma!!" Precious.




***Gonna work on Conner's update next...hopefully within the next few hours it'll be up. Then I'll do an overall family update. Whew. This is hard work. Opted to just pick up where we are right now rather than try to backtrack with catching up from the holidays and such...hopefully next time I won't get so backed up.***

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

sweet cayden! he and conner look like twins