
Sarah Kate is changing every single day. Her sweet little personality is shining through more and more. A few updates...key word: few.
- She's still oh so tiny...All my babies have been born 6lbs and something and have always stayed in the 10th - 25th percentile range, but SK is by far the smallest. She's below the fifth so I have to take her in each week or two for weigh-ins. I'm not worried seeing as how she's very well proportioned and is reaching all the other milestones, but it would be nice to see her reach and even coast on the 5th percentile from here on out. I'm still nursing (though it's not much in quantity) but then I follow up with a bottle...and I've been putting rice cereal in each one to fatten her up. Ha!! We finally reached 11 pounds as of last week, so I think she's probably closer to 12 by now. The only time in this little girl's life where her (our) goal is for her to gain weight...
- Solid Food: I haven't really gone into that world just yet with her...attempted rice cereal and squash, but her little tongue kept spitting it back up, so I didn't want to waste it. Probably gonna try again in the next few days and just stick with it with much persistence until she gets the hang of it. That'll begin filling her out for sure.
- She still sleeps all night and has been since early on. Now she's finally in her crib. We didn't move her in there until December due to out of down company...her room was the dumping ground for suitcases and such. I bet her crib felt like a queen's bed coming from the smaller, less comfy pack-in-play.
- Naps: She takes about two longer naps (morning/afternoon) and maybe another quick dose off time or two during the day. She'll nap in the swing, her car seat, my bed, her bed, MY ARMS, etc...not too strict this time around since I get to be at home with her. Babies don't stay babies long enough so I don't feel one bit guilty about holding her as long as I can...
- She LOVES her brothers!! LOVES them!!...she lights up for David and I too, but her brothers are already in a special part of her heart. It's beautiful to watch them interact....the boys LOVE her just as much!
- She looks around at everything and loves to watch our facial expressions and the boys play.
- Sarah Kate has started to grab objects and will bring them up to her mouth.
- She LOVES looking at herself in the mirror...and seeing me talk to her in the reflection but then turning to look at me in the eyes. I think she's figured it out. :)
- SK LOVES to chew on her hands...I kinda think we may be embarking the beginnings of teething, but who knows when teeth will actually pop up...Conner "teethed" for a whole five months until there was any sign of a tooth.
- She loves her feet and will hold them.
- Favorite snuggles: blankets, a pink zebra buddy, and her baby doll....along with Mommy/Daddy of course.
- She's rolled over a few times...half way at least. I need to be more faithful at giving her more tummy time.
- Sweet....sweet....sweet!!! A very sweet, precious baby...who's much like Cayden was...laid back for the most part. Unless she's ticked, and then man oh man does she have some pipes!!! Ha!
- She coos and giggles the sweetest sounds....
- Blue eyes and pretty much bald. There's light brown hair that is evident if you look...real...real....close. Ha! She rocks the bald though, and I am having a ball putting all the bow bands on her.





1 comment:
she is gorgeous, shelley. i love your writing style...it sounds like we are face-to-face talking ;) (wait, we did that last night ;))
Post a Comment