I went for a check-up last Thursday, and it went well for the most part. (Aside from the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the doc who's "attempting" to take Dr. Nichol's place- I'm just glad to know she'll be at my c-section...I miss her terribly and hope that by the time Baby #3 comes around, she'll be delivering again. If not, I'll be requesting another doctor next time.) Anyway, I'll leave those details out.
First and foremost, the baby's heartbeat was perfect along with my blood pressure, and I measured up...without gaining a single pound! :) My total weight gain thus far is twelve pounds which already surpasses what I gained for the entirety of Conner's pregnancy, so I think this baby will be a bit bigger! I'm ready to see the little fella. As much as I've kindly brought up the possibility of a sonogram for the next visit, Dr. Kimmel is sticking to her guns with WEEK 37 being the next time we see him. That's almost another FOUR weeks away. At 38 weeks, he'll be in our arms. Oh well, I guess I'm over it and will have to wait. Only one more visit to go before I'm in there every week...man, this has gone by fast! We officially have FIVE more weeks from today until the c-section date! Down to one hand! ;)
As for the pregnancy, it's going well. The most difficult part is that my body has obviously been fighting illnesses off and on for the last three weeks...my immune system must be down. I'm finally getting over this sinus crud and have been able to catch up on some sleep over this wonderful llllooooonnnng weekend! :) Another challenge is the fact that I'm busting my booty at work trying to make sure "most" everything is in order before I take my leave. (curriculum/routine/etc.) It's amazing how many layers there are within a classroom...I'm still actually introducing new routines week-by-week. Over the next few weeks, I'll focus on centers so that the class can continue those while I'm gone. I've got the sweetest little group this year and have thoroughly been enjoying every minute of it...despite the fact that I've been battling extreme fatigue and illness. I've been trying my very best to make sure it's not affecting my ability to give it my ALL in the classroom. (Side note: Mrs. Schuerman pointed out the other day that she noticed all the things that we've been able to fit in thus far.) I'm tellin' ya...my seconds are precious, and we're using each one wisely. :)
I say all that to add that THREE days last week I had to ask David to pick up Conner after work so that I could go home and crash...I've shed a few tears over it, but physically, I'm pooped and know that my body is in desperate need of rest along the way. I've decided that in order to make it through these last five weeks at school, I need to be smart so that I CAN actually MAKE IT that long. I feel so much more pregnant than the mere 33 weeks that I am. With Conner, I never thought that I would go early, but it's been a thought that's entered my mind several times with this little one. We are just praying that October 12th is indeed the birth date and that these last few weeks are not only endurable, but ENJOYABLE!! :)







2 comments:
It was so good to "visit" with you at church yesterday! You look adorable! Hang in there! Baby Crenshaw will be in your arms before you know it! Take care and I'll be praying for you! Love, Melanie
I had Dr. Kimmel while I was there...she wasn't that concerned with alot of things I was...makes me wonder about somethings. I'm going to my OBGYN here tomorrow for the first time. I'm just crossing my fingers. (I'm not preggy yet but yes we are trying...but I'm going due to a knot in my chest I found.) Take care and you look GREAT!
Post a Comment