This morning we went to the doctor for Conner's two month check-up. It seems that we'd been waiting for this day forever. Last night felt as if Christmas or on the other hand a huge test was the next morning. I was most excited about finding out how much he had grown.
He is 22 inches long and weighs 10 lbs. 14 oz!! Dr. Edwards said that everything looked great and that Conner was doing so well! It brings so much joy to my heart knowing that he is thriving and progressing just as he should be.

We were also able to talk to Dr. Edwards about sleeping/feeding advice and instructions. I think that we are about to begin supplementing formula for when David and I go on DATES or when I cannot be there for some reason. Also, we may introduce Conner to the church nursery this Sunday. We'll see if Mommy can handle that....I'll let you know! My plan was to wait until after his shots, and well, yes he did get them! I have to admit, all this time I've been like, "I'm not going to be one of these moms crying in the corner during the shots." Well, I was not crying in the corner, but I had butterflies in my tummy the whole way to the hospital in anticipation of those shots. I wanted to take Conner's place and get the shots for him. At first, Conner was calm ,cool, and collective, and then the nurse gave him his first shot. His face frooze with shock wondering what in the world that could have been. He poked his lip out with a silent, frozen cry and then let out a BIG, "Ahhhhh!" He recovered pretty easily, and then we loaded him back into his carseat.
We made it...going back home!!
Overall, I am so proud of Conner. I told him that he was big and brave and that he behaved so well. The whole time, with the omission of the shots part, he was so content and alert. Thank you Lord for your guidance and wisdom on how to raise and take care of Conner. We are so thankful that you have given us such a wonderful opportunity and are truly blessed!! We love you!
When we got home, David and I ate an early lunch so that he could go back to work. I gave Conner some medicine and fed him. Then, I put him down for a nap in his pack-n-play thing so that I could take one as well. As soon as I laid my head down, I heard him talking to his "bear friends" on the mobile. He was just talking and laughing....then, finally he went to sleep. I guess he was telling the bears about his BIG adventure today!! Haha!
Overall, I am so proud of Conner. I told him that he was big and brave and that he behaved so well. The whole time, with the omission of the shots part, he was so content and alert. Thank you Lord for your guidance and wisdom on how to raise and take care of Conner. We are so thankful that you have given us such a wonderful opportunity and are truly blessed!! We love you!
When we got home, David and I ate an early lunch so that he could go back to work. I gave Conner some medicine and fed him. Then, I put him down for a nap in his pack-n-play thing so that I could take one as well. As soon as I laid my head down, I heard him talking to his "bear friends" on the mobile. He was just talking and laughing....then, finally he went to sleep. I guess he was telling the bears about his BIG adventure today!! Haha!





3 comments:
I am so glad that Conner did well for his shots!! I will be thinking of you this Sunday when you leave him in the nursery. It is not fun the first few times, but it does get easier...I promise!!
I tired to leave this comment yesterday but had trouble...sorry if it is a duplicate!
Conner is such a precious boy! I know you are having a wonderful time with him! How did sleeping in his crib go? We are trying that tonight. Want to get together next week?
Have a great weekend!!!
i love reading your blog. you are so sweet and i can tell such a good momma. way to go conner on putting himself to sleep. it is so hard to teach your baby to go to sleep cuz they are so much fun to rock. :)
Post a Comment