Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 7, 2008

Lots of Updates...

If you have time, read about what's been going on in our life lately....

  • As you can see, I gave my blog a little face lift! I'm not as talented as many of you out there...Jenny, Emily, Melanie, etc....but I kinda like it!:)
  • I'm officially back at home with Conner until school starts back in August. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to take over a classroom (temporarily) just to test the waters again. Well, it turned out to be a great experience for our family. A structured day does wonders for me! Conner and I both thrived on the routine....and surprisingly, I believe that I got more done around the house than when I was at home all day. My little snippets of time were precious to me and I learned to use them wisely. As much as I enjoyed the experience, I'm VERY grateful to be a "stay-at-home" mom for a little longer.:) Conner's changing every day...and throughout the day!!!! (I also learned to have a WHOLE new RESPECT for SUBSTITUTE teachers...just throwing that out there!) Anyway, I am looking forward to teaching in the fall...I really am!!
  • Conner (and myself) are weaned from nursing. I've shed my tears over it, but am very glad to announce that I'M DONE!! I slowly dropped the last two feedings and it's now been FOUR days without nursing!!:) I'm proud of both of us!
  • Conner can wave "Hey" and "Bye-Bye" on demand...it's precious!!
  • Conner loves to shake his head, no...even though he really doesn't understand the meaning behind it. We were at a clothing store yesterday, and while the clerk rang me up, Conner was amused at the sounds of the cash register. When it stopped, he looked up to see when it would start again. The sales lady laughed and commented on his reaction. I chuckled and said, "Sorry Conner, Momma doesn't have the money to make it go again." She looked down and spoke to Conner saying, "Oh, I bet you have some money tucked away in the stroller don't you?" He immediately shook his head...."Nope!" It was perfect timing and quite humorous!! She got a kick out of it as well.
  • He pulls up on EVERYTHING!!!! We've recently moved the coffee table (well, really it's a chest type thing) to barricade the brick fireplace, so our living room is one giant play area. There's still plenty of things to pull up on though...the couch, recliner, chair, Daddy, me, etc. Yesterday I caught him pulling up on our entertainment center that does not have knobs. (Which is entirely my fault...it was my Christmas present two years ago. David built it, but he left the knobs off so that I could choose the appropriate decorative hardware...me and my procrastinator self!)
  • We've introduced more foods (turkey, cheese, milk)...and they're a BIG hit!!
  • Conner has been giving us along with everyone else this fake smile lately where he scrunches up his entire face. It cracks me up! It's like he knows the reaction people will give him so he just smiles real quick.
  • Even after Conner wakes up in the morning and or for a nap, his room has been very quiet lately. Several times this week, I've opened the door to check on him and find our little man sitting up quietly playing in his crib. It's been very nice!!
  • WE GOT A NEW PASTOR AT CHURCH!! I've been meaning to post about this and just haven't had the time. Crossgates has been praying for a pastor for a while and the Lord brought David Jett to our church family. We are EXTREMELY excited about what God has in store!! Brother David actually was a visiting pastor about five years ago and left a lasting impression on my family. For the past five years, my mom and I would bring up the "man from Alabama" AKA David Jett and express how wonderful it would be to have a pastor such as himself. He loves the Lord, is humble, and GREATLY desires for the Holy Spirit to take full control. Anyway, when we were in need of a pastor, my mom and I continued to say, "It sure would be nice if the man from Alabama could come and take over as pastor." Well, our church finally announced who our new pastor was a little over a month ago, and it turned out to be "the man from Alabama"!!! I called my mom in tears between services to share the news. Our God is so good!! Isn't it amazing to see His hand at work and how EVERYTHING works together for HIS good!! Throughout all of our difficult times over the past five years, I never felt led to leave. I watched many of my spiritual mentors, friends, and their families leave. (I so wanted to feel the nudge to look for another church, but it never came.) I ended up growing spiritually during the process and learned to trust the Lord rather than man as I let go of the yucky pride that filled my heart. Our church body has really been tested and is still healing in some ways....it's so comforting to know that God's hand is still over Crossgates. It's HIS church....not man's! May the Lord continue to bring revelation and clear vision to Brother David as we journey on to this new chapter...."Buckle UP, It's gonna be a ride!!"
  • We are still looking for a HOME!!!! Please pray that we find one soon. I want to be completely settled in by the time I go back to work. :)
  • My friend, JESSIE, is expecting!!:) YEAH!
  • On a sad note, our really good friends, Nathan & Robin are moving to Texas!:(

2 comments:

The Cross Family said...

Your little man is getting big but still as cute as can be. I can't believe he will be one soon. We miss seeing you. I am glad things are going good for you family.Good luck with the house hunt.

Kristy Jones said...

Good luck with going back to work and good luck looking for a house! Steven and I are looking for one too! We hope to be settled in by August.