Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nonna came BACK!!! 8)...plus some other stuff!

I love these sweet pictures of my mom and Conner when we picked her up from the airport last Friday...


Sooooo sweet...

This was taken on our way to Crossgates Christmas; Enjoy the Gift...I'm so glad my mom was able to see it. (Not to mention she was able to watch Conner while I was up at the church for so many hours)
Conner is such a handsome little man, and he looked ADORABLE in the Christmas outfit that our friends, The Polk Family, let us borrow. Thank y'all so much!
Some other new stuff...
This morning we had to take Nonna back to the airport! 8( After we dropped her off, I had to get a few things from the grocery store. This was a great time to try out our shop-n-play thing...carrying him around in his carrier is just not happening for me anymore. I've never been very strong, so I'm surprised I've lasted this long. He seemed to be more protected and comfortable in his carrier. I'm finding it kind of hard/strange transitioning into the new little routines and procedures along the way, but eventually, I'll get used to it....then it will be time to change all over again!8) As for Conner, he LOVED the new change for our grocery store trips. You could tell he felt like a big boy and enjoyed looking at all the things and people. It was so funny...he spotted a lady and tried to get her attention by saying with much excitement and persistence, "Aaahhh, aahh!!" while looking back until she was out of his sight. Poor thing, the lady wouldn't pay any attention to him!! He got shot down!
If you look at the picture up close, you can see Conner's poor little eyes/rosy cheeks...we've been battling a nasty little cold the past few days.
.
This morning I moved the swing out of the living room (seeing that Conner doesn't use it anymore) so we have lots of additional floor space for play time. Conner enjoys to swing at nursery but NOT at home. I am also beginning to go through all of his old (cannot believe I'm using that word) toys and clothes to pack away and so that David's sister can use some of them for Baby Devin. Hopefully we can get all that organized and take it up to Virginia for Christmas. Man....time is sure going by FAST!! Conner will be EIGHT months on Christmas Day!!!!
Another thing that's on my heart...speaking of time going by fast reminds me that it's almost time to take that pregnancy leave at my old school. Today I started crying about it and feeling just plain scared!! Everything in me wants to turn back from this whole thing and get out of it! I would never do that though....they are counting on me, and I truly believe this is a wonderful opportunity to see how our family handles me going back to work. It's hard to imagine leaving Conner in someone else's care....thankfully, this will be temporary! (6-12 weeks) Tears are in my eyes right now as I type so that's all I'm gonna say about that. Please pray for me!!!

2 comments:

Daniel, Carla, Dylan and London said...

Aww! It is so so hard to leave them for the first time. I stayed home with dylan for 20 months. But then I really needed to work so Daniel could finish his degree. The first day, I sat in the car and cried for a good 10 min. Then, I just took a deep breath and said "I'll just get through TODAY." I called to check on him EVERY break that I got. The ladies at Milestones Daycare in Brandon were so so sweet to let me do that.

The next day was a LITTLE bit easier. I brought Daniel with me this time. I still had tears rolling down my face when we drove away and still called everybreak. The rest of the week slowly got easier.

I did think about just living off of our savings while Daniel was in school because it is so hard, but I PROMISE you it gets so much easier. In the end, we LOVED that school so much and were heart broken to leave them when we moved out here to Dallas.

Just hang in there girl! I'll be praying for you.

Tate Family said...

I can totally relate and sympathize, Shelley. I remember bawling the whole way to work the first few days. I was obsessed with wondering how/what Wesley was doing. I watched the clock and left as soon as I could go get him (and I still do!) :) Day by day, hour by hour, little by little, it got better. It takes time, though. You have had 8 wonderful months with him! What a blessing. He is cute as ever...just keeps getting cuter and cuter!