*We're on our way to be free from the paci!! (mostly naps & bedtime) I haven't had the courage to put him down without one cause I'm afraid I'll just cave which would defeat the purpose.
*We still take TWO naps. I tried to get him to drop one, but he enjoys to sleep (like me) so I'm not going to take away his luxury of being able to at this point. I would take naps if I could...:) I bet Mrs. Amy's gonna help us out with this one.
*Conner LOVES to imitate David and I- He brushes his hair, sort of.:) He will hold his toy cell phone to his ear/head. He knows what to do with a spoon, although he doesn't do it. (He gets things accomplished using his fingers!:) LOVES to open and close doors/drawers. LOVES to push the garage door opener button. LOVES to pretend drive with Daddy. He helps me water my plants everyday/ plus, water himself a little!:) LOVES to play/bang on the piano. He's also figured out how to turn on and off the water in my bathtub...he LOVES this as well. Same with the car radio.
*He still enjoys playing ball with us, but it's hard to hold his attention. Before you know it, he's on to grander things...
*He's into pointing to everything here lately! I just say, "Yes, that's a _____" Or "Wow, you found the ______" I always tell him he has Super Eyes! At times, he gets aggravated with me cause he's wanting me to give him the object, but we all know that's just not possible sometimes, so it's creating another little, hmmmm, stage that we'll get past.
*Speaking of SUPER EYES...that title arrived from him finding the SMALLEST item on the floor (fuzz, crumb, bug, other) After many times of me freaking out trying to get the random object out of his mouth, he'll now just come bring it to me!!:) It's sooo funny! I guess he figures he can bypass the whole dramatic scene of me digging in his mouth. My mom said that my sister, Rachel, did the same thing as a baby.
*He eats really well....I'm actually the one who has to improve in this area.:( I need to work on preparing different meals so that we don't get stuck in a rut with the same monotonous choices which could create bad eating habits. I tend to get a little lazy from time to time and go with what's easy. We're or "I'M" working on it.
*He's taken several steps!! He gains more and more confidence about walking/standing alone. Now when I set him down, I place him on his feet without any furniture around. :0) Sneaky Momma...
*WORDS-n-things: Dadda, Mama (Although not in context which is FINE by me, I'm just happy to hear the "mmmm" sound!!), bu- for ball, occasionally I'll hear a rounded sound at the end like an "l", ba-(short a) for bath, shhhh- for shoe (that's his new one, so sweet!), and hey!, He also still makes the sound of a dog and four-wheeler. He also can now point to his nose!:) He can now clap, splash, give sugar, and knock too! (We have videos of this, but it's hard to post them all) Something else is that he completely CRACKS up when he puts the sippy cup in his mouth backwards and I have to tell him to turn it around...who knows why?! It's cute though, and we need to get it captured on film...it probably won't last that long.
*Conner ENJOYS watching t.v. every now and then.:)
*We've found one thing that Conner's unsure of....Tickle Me Elmo. He doesn't know what to think of the furry, red creature and will cling to me. He's not in total fear, just a little timid. Today he actually touched him and laughed, so maybe we're over it.
*He says hey to everyone...and knows exactly what it means and what kind of response he'll get in return. (sometimes I catch him practicing saying it while waving in his car seat) When we're in the grocery store, he'll see someone turned completely around, say hey so that they'll turn in his direction, and give them a BIG smile! It's really something...he just is a people person, even at this young age. That's why I really think that going to Mrs. Amy's in the fall will be good for him. He'll get to interact with other little ones and expand his horizon. Okay, now I've got to brag on him a bit...I'm a proud Momma! Sorry!! Here are some examples: #1- We were at church eating supper one Wednesday night, and Conner kept turning around trying to talk to this table of older ladies. He was cracking us ALL up, and they were amazed at his unique ability to purposely interact with others. They asked how old he was and couldn't believe he was that young. As they were walking away, one lady leaned over and told her friend, "That child could be the next president...he's got the personality for it." David and I just laughed ALTHOUGH we DO NOT desire for him to have that title...we'd rather see him be the next Billy Graham(sp?) or actually just the person God's created him to be!!!:) #2 That same night, there was an overflow of babies in Nursery 3, which is the one he's currently in. So, they had to take some babies back to the newborn room. The workers got excited and asked if they could choose which baby....and they chose CONNER!!:) It just makes me so happy to know that others love on him and appreciate his little personality. When I picked him up, they said that he entertained them the whole time!! He's quite an entertainer especially with a crowd that's got him wrapped around his finger!:) HOWEVER, I also need to add that we don't want to create a monster. This momma (and daddy) will make sure he knows that he's NOT going to be the center of attention all the time, but at this point, it's very innocent! 8)
*His head-banging has gotten MUCH better! At first I just ignored the behavior hoping that it would go away, but it didn't. Then I decided to take it a step further and spank his little hand each time while telling him not to bang his head. I've also placed him in his crib for some time alone when he would bang his head just for a minute or two. Conner just needed to see that banging his head is not the appropriate behavior and that it didn't get him anywhere. It's gotten sooooo, soooo much better, but still hasn't disappeared yet. (probably won't, completely)
*On that note, he also bit me on the shoulder, but I bit him back. (don't worry- not hard)And we haven't had that problem since! He didn't do it in a malicious way...it was teething, however, I don't want him going to nursery/Mrs. Amy's thinking he can do that. Please don't think anything bad of me...:(
*Still just FOUR teeth, but he's been working on something for a while now. We should see some more pop up in the near future.
*We go to the doctor in July for his 15 month check up!!! 8)
Sorry for the book...if you read the entire thing!!:) I just figured the grandparents/aunts would've gotten this far!:)





2 comments:
Oh, Shelley...you crack me up - "so I just bit him back!" I needed that laugh and visual today!
We have got to get these boys together!!!
Read the whole thing. ;) What a busy little body. It is so crazy how much faster the second year goes than the first.
Post a Comment