We are sooooo excited to be adding Cayden Charles Crenshaw to our family in October!!! Yep, we're having another BOY!!! (Oh...and I said I would never do the whole naming your child with the same letter thing especially when our last name begins with a "C" as well, and look at me! Never say never! This child will be CCC!!!!! Ha!! ;)
(Side note: Our next baby really won't begin with a "C" though...so we think.)
Meet Cayden...

I love his little hand in this picture! (Yes, he does have a nose...you just can't see it in this one. ;)Ten fingers, ten toes, four-chamber heart, great looking organs....growing beautifully!!! Cayden is 6 oz. and measured 16 weeks and 6 days which was exactly on target for my appointment. Conner always measured on the small end.

His little foot...awww!! Which, by the way, I'm beginning to feel more and more. Last night he kicked/punched me all night before bed, and I LOVE EVERY SECOND of it!!! I went through withdrawals after Conner, so it's such a joy to feel baby movements again! ;)
It was so funny, I wanted this baby to go bonkers in the womb so that we could find out the sex for sure! I drank a Mountain Dew and ate jelly beans in preparation. Well, little Cayden is quite the calm one. The ultrasound tech was like..."Are you sure you drank a Mountain Dew?" Ha!! He's breach just all balled up chillin' at the bottom of my tummy. In my opinion, he needs to be taking advantage of the extra room now cause he'll be in a ball whether he likes it or not soon! Oh well, he seems very content. This is another huge contrast with Conner. Conner was a wild man every time we did a sono.....so much so that the tech could never get a good heartbeat recorded. She would place the cursor on my belly, and he would quickly move out of the way. Cayden cooperated perfectly, and we have two long heartbeats captured. Music to my ears!!
As for Momma, I'm doing good. I'm not as sick anymore...although, I did get sick last Thursday. I don't think it had much to do with the pregnancy as it did the 50 BBQ chips with ranch dip that I consumed before supper!! Yeah, not the smartest move! ;) And I gained TWO pounds!! Anyone who followed me through my pregnancy with Conner knows that's GREAT!! I'm still in the negative because of all the weight I lost in the beginning, but this time I will NOT be stressing about not gaining enough. If I'm able to pull off that number again with a healthy baby/pregnancy, it'll be a blessing!
Also, I'd be telling a lie if I didn't admit that my heart sunk for the first few moments after confirming that it was a boy. I mean, everyone would like to have a boy AND a girl, right?! It just seems perfect. I was sitting in the doctors office looking at everyone's Christmas cards & birth announcements counting the number of same sex siblings and brother/sister combos. Then all the sudden, the Lord reminded me that "we" didn't even plan this pregnancy. All the while, HE knew that Cayden was going to be adding to our family at HIS divine, appointed time, and HE knows this little guy as He's molding him into HIS very image right this very moment!!!! How in the world can I second guess HIS plan!!?!! Maybe we'll have our little girl one day, and maybe we won't....who knows? We've always talked about adopting a little girl from China, so maybe when the boys get older, we'll pursue that. Also, our growing family is not done! Our only criteria is to wait until Conner is in kindergarten before trying again. :) For now, this momma is completely content in raising two beautiful, full of JOY little BOYS....
Some other reasons to be thankful and count it as an HONOR!!...
1. HAND-ME- DOWNS!!!
2. We have everything we need for a little boy...from bedding to toys. If it had been a girl, we'd have to fork over some $$ mula $$ that we don't have to completely start over. :) Also, I know me, and the number one reason I wanted a girl was for "dress-up"...ugh, I know, a bit shallow!
3. I've heard boys are easier...don't know that for sure, but I did come from a family of THREE girls and I AM one!! Let me just say, I know it ain't easy! Bless my parents.
4. We have the opportunity to raise future leaders of the home...husbands and fathers!! Wow!! What an honor and a privilege that we do NOT take lightly.
5. This is going to sound silly, but I also have the opportunity to be a wonderful mother-in-law one day to new daughters who will join our family. (I'm personally blessed with a FANTASTIC one!!) However, there are some mommas out there that have a hard time letting go of their sons. I truly feel that this is where mother-in-laws get the bad reputation. I'll be able to make a conscious effort to embrace my daughters-in-law and not be the caddy, controlling, woman who doesn't have a good relationship with her son's wife. Like I said, it may sound silly, but me being the deep thinker and all, it came to my mind. ;)
6. GOD's plans are WAY better than what we can come up with....I'm excited to see what's ahead!
7. Since I was like 12, I've always told my family & friends that I could see myself being the sports mom of not one, not two, but THREE boys....hmmm, maybe my little dream/vision was true! :)
8. ME, Shelley Louise Houston Crenshaw, gets to be the girly girl!! Hee! Hee!...and I'll have some wonderful men taking care of me along the way. Now, come on'...that's gotta be a reason!! ;)
5 comments:
How exciting! Another sweet boy! Glad you are feeling better. I've never thought of the BBQ chips and ranch dip combo, that's a new one. LOL! I think boys are a little easier in the sense that they are not as expensive to dress and they are a little less dramatic. Talk to me in about 10 years and we'll see if that changes. Anyway, so happy for y'all and hope you have a nice, relaxing summer break!
Yay! A sweet little boy!! I love the name you picked out too... Conner and Cayden... PERFECT!
FIRST i want to say that i'm thrilled that all is well and baby cayden is doing so great- what an answer to prayer! and i'm sure he'll be just as beautiful and smart/funny and special as his big brother is :)
and then i wanted to say that i totally get the little girl thing. as much as it makes my heart happy to think about two boys, i love the idea of a little girl too. seriously, all i can see is a smocked dress and a big bow. but those little boys now, they steal your heart for sure! love you my friend!
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I too, secretly wished for a little girl! I know, I got my wish, but I was totally prepared for another little boy! After all, I wouldn't have to buy new stuff and I already know what to do with a boy! But I gotta tell you, Sidney wears a lot her brothers old things anyway. She may wear them to bed but it keeps me from having to buy too much new stuff! Me & mom made a lot of her stuff for her room to save $$$, too. It was fun doing that.
Good luck and I'll pray for no more sickness!
And for the record, bbq chips can go w/ ANYthing!
You made a lot of good points, Shelley. I love the new banner that you made. It's adorable! Soon, that sonogram picture will be replaced with a wrinkly, adorable newborn picture of Cayden. :)
Post a Comment