I was so excited to finally come home yesterday. When we brought Conner home, I was filled with anxiety and had no clue what was in store, but this time, I could hardly wait to bring Little Man home to see how life would be with for family of FOUR!!
Also, Conner had not had the opportunity to really bond with Cayden (plus had a tad bit of separation issues) due to the fact that David and I had been staying at the hospital the last three days. When Conner would come to visit our hospital room, he wouldn't even love on me or have much to do with Cayden. He and his cousin Devin just played and did their own thing. I wasn't too worried seeing that he's only two and these are some BIG changes in his/all our lives.
Well life at home with a newborn has come pretty naturally this time around. Cayden has simply fit into our family like a perfect puzzle piece. :) Conner's been able to bond...see pictures below, and when he doesn't see Cayden, he'll say, "Where's Cayden?" He hasn't shown signs of jealousy but has been acting up quite a bit. WAIT...he was already doing that before Cayden's arrival, so yep, everything's pretty normal around here. ;)
As for Cayden's first night, let me tell you it couldn't have been more perfect. I fed him at 9:30PM, put him down, he got up at 1:45AM for a feeding, went down around 2AM, and did not wake back up until SEVEN O'CLOCK in the morning!! Now by this time I was Dolly Parten (if you know what I mean), but I didn't mind one bit, cause little man is well on his way sleeping through the night if he keeps this up. Plus, I've felt well rested all day since I practically got a full night's rest. THANK YOU LORD!! I guess the only thing that's been a challenge is waking him up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to nurse. I simply disturb the peace by changing his diaper and annoying him...ha, what a mean Momma!!
Oh, I guess another small hardship is the fact that I am still healing from the c-section which I feel much more pain this time around. Thankfully, my mom got in town yesterday and will be here for two weeks to help with the cleaning, cooking, grocery store shopping, entertaining Conner, and loving on Little Cayden. I'm so blessed with a WONDERFUL Momma!!! (However, I'm MISSING my Dad, Alyssa, and Rachel TERRIBLY!!) They'll be able to come in December or January though. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment