Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Brothers Together...Day and NIGHT! :)

Well, David and I got real brave four nights ago and decided to try letting the kids sleep together since Cayden's room is currently under construction and being taken over by "girly girlness"!! See pictures below...









Sarah Kate's Bow Hanger Thingy...made by Mommy. :)

Some of her nursery artwork...


Conner is adding his personal pink touch too...

Hospital Door Hanger...

SO...as you can see there was a need to rescue him out of that room ASAP!! Thankfully, we've had FOUR successful nights in a row, and the transition has been surprisingly easier than I ever anticipated- that's usually the case!! It took (and still takes) David and I continually going back in their room to settle them down and redirect, but after an hour and 1/2, they were both out that first night! It takes less and less time each night, so overall, I'm VERY proud of them...CAYDEN in particular because we've also DROPPED the paci!! I guess with the excitement of moving in with big bubby and being in an entirely different environment, it made that transition a breeze. He only had the paci at night anyway, but I was still worried about taking it away considering he always slept with two or three of them and religiously popped one in his mouth when it was time to sleep. I think if we had tried to drop it while he was still in the crib, we would've had issues...but he hasn't even asked about them. Ha!! I officially threw FOUR of them away today!! Sarah Kate will bring in a new batch of pacies to the house, but that's when I'll be able to say that only "babies" use pacies...you're a big boy now...give the paci to Sissy...etc. :)


Though our nights are going well, nap time is when I have the biggest battles, but rest assured this momma will win....it takes a LOT of patience. No naps for me for a while...since I'm on hall duty until they fall asleep, but hopefully before this baby girl gets here we'll get back to a regular "afternoon nap" routine where our whole house SHUTS down for a while, and PRAYERFULLY Sarah Kate will follow our lead when she gets here. :) (They are currently snoozing away as I'm posting this..which is AWESOME!)


The boys are in a full bed for now until we feel that Cayden is at a good age for bunk beds...probably within the next two years or so. Maybe when he gets around Conner's age, David will build them some!!



As you can see...CAYDEN is on the edge of the bed!! This was not my vision of how it would go down, but Conner claimed the corner, and so far I guess everything's been okay. Conner's really the one who ends up all over the place as he sleeps so maybe it's for the best. (Cayden's head is kinda close to the edge in the picture below, and there's no rail!! Ha!...oops!!)


Since things have pretty much fallen into place, we've officially kicked Cayden out of his old room and made the full transition...besides some of his clothes, but that'll finish the move off! I stripped down the crib today so that I can wash/give away his "baby" bedding. Soon Sarah Kate's room will be completely ready for her arrival...which is down to a little over a month. Goodness!! Sooo much to do still...NESTING is kicking in for sure! (I've done more DEEP cleaning/purging within each and every drawer, closet, nook and cranny throughout these past two months than I have within the last five years combined!! Seriously. AND I'm not done either!) The greatest blessing is being able to be here at the house so that I can pace myself...project-by-project and ENJOY all the preparation and work that goes into making a house a HOME! As David said...when I'm around, our house is like a well-oiled machine, which doesn't make me puffed up with pride. It only confirms the God-given characteristics that the Lord places within women so that they are equipped to be the wives and mothers HE has called them to be. When I was working outside of the home full-time (though teaching in itself is a great job and wonderful calling/ministry) it was taking me away from my first priority. Right about now, I would actually be starting to drop Cayden/Conner off at daycare so that I could go back up to school to begin getting my classroom ready for a new crop of kids, but instead, I'm able to continue pouring ALL my love, consistency, and attention on my family!!!! HOME sweet HOME. Ahhhhh....

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Last several sentences === AMEN!!!

Shelley said...

YEP!!! :) Love you!