Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cayden Update (2 years and 9 months)

Cayden, Cayden, PRECIOUS Cayden!! I love this little dude so much, and am brought to tears when I think about how drastic my relationship with him may have been had I not left the classroom! He has blossomed so much over the last year...and during these last months even more so!!



(In fact just today...when I was putting him down for a nap, he looked at me and said, "Momma, I'm glad you here." Yes, there were tears...sweet, happy tears.)
  • He's still our perky, full of life, quirky little dude!! Who makes us laugh all throughout the day.
  • With that said, he's TWO...and of course has his moments, but he's usually so easy to break!! Ha! I can usually get him to laugh as huge crocodile tears roll down his chubby little cheeks! When he gets mad...he will say, "You mean Momma, you so mean!" Then seconds later I guess he will get to feeling bad about it and say, "You not mean Momma."
  • Speaking of chubby.  He's had a growth spurt here recently which has caused him to slim...only to remind me he's growing up...and is no longer my baby.
  • This boy LOVES music!! At VBS back in June, his music teacher (and my sweet, precious friend) pulled me over and said, "Shelley, I just want you to know that child right on the beat throughout each song..I mean RIGHT on!" (they had worked with some kind of instrument) Maybe we have a drummer on our hands! He just loves music and LOVES to sing all the time! He will make up a song about whatever he's doing. It's so sweet, and it does make this musical mom's heart proud.
  • He loves all of his family!! (including extended) and will list all our names and say if we are a boy or girl (who wears make-up) and how much he loves us. It's the sweetest thing in the world.
  • He has had a few MAJOR crushes...in his mere age of two. First back in November, he fell in love with my sisters' friend, Jenna, then he fell for my cousin, Courtney.  (These were obvious crushes..that had all of us in stitches!!) Well, before nap time a few weeks ago, he asked, "Momma, can Jeccaca (Jessica) come over to our house and play?" I said, "Well, Sweetie...who is Jessica? Is she a friend in Sunday school?" I never really got definitive answers from him, but the following week, we met THE Jessica...a beautiful girl in college who helps out in his classroom!! Hahaha! This by far is his most major crush of all. He talks about her off and on daily.  He literally melts at the mention of her name!..and gets all goo-goo eyed!! Seriously, you have to see it to believe it. It's. Hilarious.  They say he's a little flirt in the classroom...and I don't doubt that one bit.
  • He still takes a nap every afternoon.
  • Potty Training is going well!! So far today...NO accidents!! (He's napping right now in a pull-up though) but when he wakes up, we will go potty and put his "big boy" underwear back on. Yay!! I'm so proud of him...and me to be honest!! Daycare pretty much potty trained Conner, so I was very nervous about it being all on me this time around! I'm still taking him every 45 minutes or so, but he's been initiating here lately...fingers crossed...maybe we are almost there.  We still do pull-ups in public though for now. Oh and as for the "poo-poo" thing...uhhh-huh, he does the very thing that Conner did and will simply squat down or get real still.  I'll have to say, "Are you poo-pooing??! and we will try to run to the potty!" However, I go completely nuts when he does poo-poo in the potty...like a potty dance on steroids!! Don't you only wish you could see that?...Hahaha!!
  • He eats pretty good (still doesn't like fruit of any kind)...but other than that he has a wide palate and usually makes a happy plate.
  • He's such a smart little boy: Talks up a storm and has a wide vocabulary, he LOVES puzzles, knows his colors, shapes, and days of the week, he's even inquisitive about learning his letters because of Beau and Conner. He does know how to spell his name...simply by calling out the letters. He knows that he's two years old and that his "birsday" is October 12th.  He knows my name and David's name and what city and state we live in.
Looking all growny with his haircut and hands in pockets...I cannot believe that Mr. Cayden will be THREE in October!!

No comments: