I have no clue how to catch up on this thing, so I've decided to take one "kid" at a time and then fill in the leftovers. Ha!
Sweet Miss Sarah Kate has been growing leaps and bounds!! She's still a tiny little thing (10th percentile in weight, 20th in height) but she's healthy, sweet, smart...and right on track in my opinion, oh and BEAUTIFUL!!
Here are a few things that are new...
- She's crawling all over the house and kicks it into super-speed!! Especially when she hears the boys playing around the corner or when Daddy comes home!
Her smile LIGHTS up the room!...she smiles with her EYES!- Her laugh is hilarious! Neither Conner nor Cayden were cacklers, but she is, and it's adorable.
- "Daddaddada" continues to be her favorite and most prevelent, but she says "bububu" and "nananana" a lot too!
- She'll stand if you hold her hands, but not for long...it's not her fav. thing.
- Sarah Kate LOVES her jumpy bouncer though!
- She came into this world with a great sleeping routine that was easy to manage, and she continues to be a good sleeper. Because of my busy, busy household it was easier to narrow her naps down to one ASAP. She's been taking just one nap (that correlates with Cayden's) for months now. Her nap is right after lunch, and then she gets up around 4:00. She's back in bed at around 8:30...and gets up around 8:30 or 9:00am!!
- Teeth: Sarah Kate currently has 3 1/2 teeth! Ha!! She's been biting my shoulder here lately...and though it doesn't hurt now, I know it may soon. Bless her heart. She's such a trooper, and really hasn't missed a beat despite teething, but I know it has to hurt.
- Eating: Whew. This has been the hardest thing for me. SK just didn't really have a desire or show interest in eating on her own despite the fact that she was well ready. She had gotten kinda choked up a few times, and I think it made her very apprehensive about giving it a try again. She would eat solids as long as it was spoon fed and didn't have too many chunks. (she wouldn't even gum on/eat crackers!!) Well, this past month has been a game changer. She's decided she likes (yes, to be spoon fed all the stage 2 and 3 baby foods), but has also added to her repertoire, cut-up bananas, graham crackers, cheerios, cake, cookies, spaghetti, apple sauce, and french fries! Go girly go!! It's gonna be so nice to prepare ONE meal at a time and give her portions of it...I think it'll be a fast and easy transition at this point. In addition to meals, she's of course still on the bottle...and Dr. Joe wants us to continue with formula due to her weight, but pretty soon (in the next month or so) she will be on whole milk which means HUGE pay raise for our family!!! Thank you, JESUS!
At Her 9 Month Check-up!...
Just a Swingin'
- Paci! She's pretty much dropped it with the exception of naps/bedtime...following her brothers' pattern. :)
- She can wave hey and bye bye, somewhat clap her hands, and we're working on blowing kisses. If you say, "Give me a kiss!" she leans in for the sweetest embrace. Melts. My. Heart.
- She cracks me up because if the boys (usually Cayden) have something that she wants. She grunts a strategically strong grunt and snatches it. Hahaha!! I have to laugh cause it's like she's saying, "Look, I know I'm little and everything, but I'm well aware that I have just as much ownership as a family member of this household...so nah!!" She seems to be pretty confident and knows she has her entitlement.
- SK loves to look in the mirror!!
- LOVES bath time!..and to splash water ALL over the place!
- She loves to dance and for me to sing to her...or the boys! :) She's not picky.
- She points and says, "Dah!" all the time...I've translated it to...oh, she wants to know what "that" is, so I tell her! Heehee!
- The other day she was not her happy little self. She was screaming "NahhhNAHnah Nahnana!!" I chose to break out in the classic..."Na na na na...Na na na na...Hey hey hey...goodbye!!" She immediately started laughing, and I continued to sing it! That may very well be "her" song!

(Side note:: Good grief....I had trouble placing these pictures. Blogger must have updated the format during my "accidental" leave. I'll have to get used to it all over again. Sorry for the random breaks throughout the text. Maybe that made it an easier read.)














No comments:
Post a Comment