Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2007

Family Reunion in North Carolina

We traveled to North Carolina for a family reunion at my mom and dad's house. The last family reunion was held in 1993, so this was an extremely exciting and much needed event! We are a very blessed family and though we do not get to see one another very often, it is evident that there is a special bond of love when everyone comes together. I love all of you! Let's not wait another 15 years for the next reunion! 8) Okay? Okay!!!
Ready to go...notice Conner's new set of luggage.


We watched the home videos of previous family reunions. Oh yes, I was just so cute back then!! Big earrings, matching socks, rolled up cut-off jeans, glasses, and a loud, bubbly personality..how embarrassing!! We had fun traveling down memory lane. 8)

Spending time with Nonna, Pop, Aunt Alyssa, and Aunt Rachel...




It's hard to live so far from my parents and sisters. As you can see, they got to have some "Conner" time this weekend!


Conner also got to know their dog, Joey, as well. He is adorable!!!



This is a picture of my grandma with Conner. This weekend was so special because she was surrounded by her children, 8 grandchildren, and 7 great-grandchildren...along with many new additions to the family by marriage. My grandma and pawpaw raised five children, and it has to be a wonderful feeling to witness the generations that the Lord continues to add to the family. We love you, Grandma!!! 8)

Just Some Pics From the Weekend...






This is where my mom lived...in the kitchen! She and my dad really outdid themselves by cooking such wonderful meals and making everyone feel at home. Alyssa is in the background fixing her famous banana pudding. Yum! Yum!


Our family...

Babies! Babies! Babies!
These sweet little ones provided much entertainment for us all!!

Conner (3 months), Samantha (4 months), and Jackson (5 months)

My cousins, Rebecca and Owenne, and I were all pregnant at the same time. It was special getting our new babies together and seeing them interact with one another. Jackson and Samantha are absolutely adorable! Conner had a great time playing with his second cousins!


Conner with my Aunt Babs/"Blabs" and Aunt Meg



Alyssa, Great Aunt Mary, Grandma, Momma, Me, and Rachel

Me, Rachel, and Alyssa...the best sisters I could have ever asked for!!!



Conner with Tommy and Great as in Wonderful Aunt Mary 8)
My dad plays the piano, so we gathered around to listen to some fun songs. It's very important to me that Conner realizes the special gift that the Lord has given my daddy to play the piano. Maybe Conner will get some of those genes from his Pop!! It skipped over me! 8)



We took SOOO many pictures. I wanted to post them all! It was an incredible weekend and a memory that I will hold in my heart forever! I love all of you and am so thankful to be part of such an amazing family!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You might not have gotten the piano genes but you sure did get the voice :) It is great to see your family!!

ltbrin said...

Absolutely lovely pictures with wonderful comments about our most blessed and grateful reunion, Shelley.

I'm so glad that we are reconnected, and Y E S !~!~!, we must stay in contact sooner than the 13 years since our last gathering.

Anonymous said...

I love looking at the pictures that I didn't get to see!! Please make prints for me.......I love your comments. It all passed too fast like a whirlwind! It almost seems like a dream.......
Nonna