This weekend we went to Birmingham for our friend's wedding. This is the furthest that we've traveled with Conner, so it was kind of stressful making sure that we had everything that we needed for the trip. David laughs at me all the time for being a "list maker", and I definitely had a master list of things to do in preparation for our mini vacation. I was most nervous about how Conner would handle the change of environment for a couple of days. Long story short...Everything went so well. Conner slept the entire trip and was still able to sleep that night in the hotel. We brought his pack-n-play for him to sleep in. After the rehearsal and dinner, we went on with our nightly routine just as we would have if we were at the house. We put Conner down at around 10:45PM, and we didn't hear a sound from him until 5:30AM. I was relieved that he was still able to sleep seeing that he had an extremely long nap in the car. He did great at the wedding too. David was a groomsman, so he of course couldn't watch him during the ceremony. I sang in the wedding, so my friend, Sarah, watched him during my song. He slept during the whole wedding. Really...he woke up the second it was over. Conner and I had a little talk earlier that day, and he must have listened to his momma! 8) I did, however, fill him up with food before the wedding to help with the situation. After the reception, we traveled back to good ole' Mississippi and stopped at Cracker Barrel with some friends in Meridian. I wasn't as worried about the trip back because it was during the time that Conner would be asleep anyway...so he slept the entire ride home!! I am so proud of him! Oh, and we had a wonderful Sunday as well. He did great in the nursery AM and PM...that's our boy!!
Surprisingly, I did not take many pictures...I had my hands full, but here are a few!
Conner and I at the rehearsal dinner...the food was fantastic! Yum!!
Mr. Jernigan, the father of the groom and the pastor, held Conner while I helped clean up the tables.
Asleep in the hotel..he looks like he's holding on to those covers!!
Good Morning!





No comments:
Post a Comment