Conner is twelve weeks old today...he will be three months old next week!! Wow! These past three months have been amazing. He has brought so much joy into our family, and David and I are so thankful for such a sweet, healthy, and thriving little boy. We pray that the Lord continues to keep his hand over Conner's life. We are so excited about the things that He has planned for him. Our prayer is that he comes to know the Lord at an early age and has a strong desire to walk with Him throughout this life. It's so sweet to look into the eyes of a child..or baby and see the complete innocence behind them. This world can be a tough place, but thankfully, God gives us the strength, patience, and wisdom to live life more abundantly and to its fullest! God is giving David and I the strength, patience, and wisdom to raise Conner. Everyday Conner is changing and growing. Hopefully, we are almost through this tough stage with extreme gas spells because Conner seems to be more content and at peace. Feeding has been the greatest challenge because it's hard for Conner to latch when he is in such pain. Overall, I've had success with breastfeeding, but these times make me want to give up. One thing that's made a huge difference is that I've decided to just give him a bottle of formula when this happens to prevent Conner and myself from getting so frustrated. I want to breastfeed because I know that it's the best source of nutrition for Conner. Not to mention it's FREE and it helps me stay in shape! When I was pregnant, my goal was to breastfeed for three months...that's NOW!! Lately, it's been such a wonderful experience to feed Conner because he will look at me and smile...then continue to eat. My mom kept telling me it would be that way eventually! Sooo...I've decided to keep nursing! I have a new goal of six/nine months, and I feel so good about it! Primarily I will nurse, but we will continue to supplement with formula during times when I am not there, at night to top him off before bedtime, and during those few times of frustration. 8) I am so, very proud of him. Last night I fed him at 8:30, gave him a bath, read a story, and put him to bed. He woke up at 5:00 this morning!!! I fed him, put him back down, and he was up playing in the crib at 8:00 this morning!! Just Perfect!!! I look forward to the months and years to come as Conner grows and changes. Before we know it, he will be one year old at the rate things are going. This summer has flown by!! Plus...we have two vacations coming up which always makes time go by faster.
It's very hard for us to be away from our parents and sisters and to know that Conner is so far away from his grandparents and aunts. We love and miss y'all so much!! Thankfully, this site helps us share moments along the way with you. Also, I am glad to hear that Aunt Sissy, Granny, Aunt Lisa, Mammaw, Aunt Meg, and hopefully others visit. We love you all!!!
Here are some pictures that I took of our little man today. Have a wonderful day!





1 comment:
What a sweet post! Motherhood is wonderful, isn't it?!!
Keep up the good work with breastfeeding! I know it can get frustrating, but you have such a positive attitude! Glad to hear the gas issues have calmed down a bit!!! Happy 12 weeks, Conner!
Post a Comment