Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Today Conner and I went to meet some sweet ladies that I work with for lunch. Many babies and children were there as well, so it was so exciting! I have always loved being around babies, and now with Conner, I love it even more. It was so fun watching Emma, Carrington, Crew, and Kolton to see all the wonderful things ahead as Conner continues to grow into each new stage. I also enjoyed seeing some sweet friends; Sarah, Jenny, Kara, Kelly, Randi, Alicia, and Cindy. I am very glad to have the opportunity to stay at home with Conner, but I truly will miss seeing all of you up at the school during the day. Northwest Rankin Elementary is a wonderful school and you all have such an impact on the children, their families, and the rest of the faculty.... me! 8) I'll have to come up to the school for special events and stuff!! 8) Well, Conner did a great job; I was very proud of him. He just sat watching everyone and then finally fell asleep. We decided to take pictures of all the children, so I moved Conner by all of the other babies. That's when he decided that it was time to go home...he decides that you know! (Picture Time...of course - where's the proof that he sat there so quietly? There is none, but I do have witnesses!) At about that time, Kolton, who also was on his best behavior, decided that it was time to go as well. :) I guess the two boys think alike.
What a great group of kids!! We are all so very blessed! :)

Calm and cute Crew & Carrington

Crying but still cute Conner and Kolton ;)

Once again, it's time for the REST of the story. It would have been just too dull if I had just gone home without any other exciting element to the story. After pictures, Conner was getting more and more aggravated, and I knew that it really was just time to go. He was not going to get settled down very easily. So, I placed him back into his car seat and headed out the door. Usually Conner will calm down as soon as he gets in the car, but I was having to reach back to keep his pacifier in his mouth, sing and talk to him, and somehow manage to stay on the road. He was finally starting to calm back down and we were almost home when I realized that I had left his diaper bag at Oby's!! Only me!! So I called the restaurant and told them that I was coming back to get it. While I was on the phone, Kara called saying that her sister, Kelly, would meet me at the school to bring it to me. (Thank you, Kelly!!) It was perfect timing because we were on Vine Street, so I pulled on into the parking lot. Since Conner had just settled down, I knew that I better keep the car in motion or he might get all worked up again. I kept looping around the parking lot to soothe Conner...anything for my sweet baby boy! Well, our custodian, Mr. Johnny, was outside by the fifth grade building, and he kept looking at me. He probably was like...that person has done lost their mind! It's probably true. I've always been a little ditsy, but it's been more extreme lately. I am so thankful that the Lord watches over me and protects my family everyday!!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Oh gosh, the dreaded car moments. I remember having to keep the pacifier in -- almost having a wreck to keep Wesley from getting hysterical. I finally got a Baby Einstein CD that I pop in when he gets restless. Connor is so PRECIOUS!

The Cross Family said...

what is your e-mail?