Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just Because...

David Charles Crenshaw, Jr.

Most of my posts are about our sweet son, Conner, and they probably will continue to be. However, I wanted to devote a post to my wonderful husband, David. I joined this blog world after father's day and our anniversary where I would have written one just for us, so I decided to write one just because! David and I went to high school together, but we didn't know one another. We actually met through his aunt who had tried to set us up for about a year. She went to church with me and always said, "Shelley, my nephew is so special and y'all would be so cute together." I wasn't interested because I had decided to give up dating until the Lord introduced me to my husband...I was a content, independent senior in high school who did not have a desire to meet another guy that would eventually break my heart...been there, done that! Well, about a year passed, and she invited him to our church so that we could meet. We met and that was about it! Then he called me out of the blue one day to see if I wanted to go out with him to the movies. I said yes but made it very clear that it was NOT a DATE..he says that I made it too clear and that I couldn't have sat any further from him in the truck. Ooops...well, I really wasn't interested in him. He was just too nice, and it seemed that he was trying too hard. Most importantly, he was quiet and I was quiet....I could tell that wasn't going to work. Besides, I thought that I already knew exactly what kind of guy would be my perfect match...someone outgoing, musical, life of the party! Ha!...That just proves that the Lord knows what you want and need even if you don't, and His timing is PERFECT! Anyway, about eight months later we both attended a BSU mission trip to Maryland. I really got to know David on the trip, and I began to realize that I had kinda messed up. The reason he seemed too nice on that first "non-date" was not because he was trying to hard...it's because that is who he genuinely IS!! That's David! We did lots of labor on the mission trip and would be working outside all day. When it was time to take breaks to eat, David would purposely go to the end of the line so that everyone else could get their food first...and he had been on the roof! Also, he would wait until 1:00 in the morning to take a shower so that others could go ahead of him and take all the hot water! He caught my attention, and I began to like and respect him more and more!! I remember telling my friend that I had REALLY messed up! Long story...very short, he gave me another chance! It wasn't very long until we became boyfriend and girlfriend. Then two years later, we were married! We have now been married for over FIVE years, and our love for one another continues to grow. Since we have been married, we have grown closer together and closer to the Lord as He continues to shape us into the person that He wants us to be. David is not only my husband...he's my best friend! And now we get to share the joyous experience of parenting together. I really could tell story after story of special moments that David and I have had, but there is not enough room or time. This is just a simple yet very heartfelt dedication to my wonderful hubby! 8) I LOVE YOU!

The Proposal...

This is a long story in itself. He created a special prom for us since we went to the same high school but attended prom and homecoming with other dates. It was sooo sweet, and he added surprising details along the way! He's quite the romantic. You should hear the story about how he told me he loved me. I might as well...you see, I was going to save those words for the alter. However, one of my mentors advised me that my future husband may need to hear those words before time to go to the alter, so I was reconsidering. Eventually, it was getting harder to keep from saying "I love you" to one another. So David took it upon himself to say it first. He led me into a room where there was a sign completely covered with red balloons. I had to pop the balloons to uncover the hidden message. "I LOVE YOU" was written in red, bold letters! He's good! I am extremely blessed to have such a sweet, romantic husband who continues to amaze me today!

Our Wedding Day: May 18, 2002
The Honeymoon...

I've heard that couples who make it through college and house building together can make it through anything. We've done BOTH. We finished our last year together at MSU as a married couple and built our first home the following year.



David is a very talented carpenter and did a lot of the woodwork in our house. He's a handy guy to have around! 8)


We enjoy just hanging out together...hunting, fishing, shopping, etc...8)


These are our first two children, Molly and Sadie. Sadly, they ran away last year. We loved these two dogs so much and pray that they are safe and taken care of by a sweet family. One day we plan to get another lab, but we will wait until Conner can experience it with us. Maybe he can help us come up with a name...8) I wish that he could have met them; they will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Okay, from now on, Conner will probably be my main topic of conversation, but I just wanted to post a blog to focus a little on life before our little one came along. Thank you Lord for filling our lives with so many wonderful memories as a family. We look forward to making many more!!! I love you, David. Thank you for all that you do!!

No comments: