Cayden is SIX weeks old...and Growing FAST!!
Cayden is changing every day. He's more alert and will now lock eyes with you and enjoys looking at his bear mobile. (just like big bubba) We've caught him smiling a few times. Though some of them may have been due to gas, he has an adorable smile!! Ha! ;) Cayden has such a sweet spirit, and we are so blessed to have him in our life.
I continue to believe that he will be much bigger than Conner. It was only confirmed during our outing yesterday to my post pregnancy 6-week check up and to a few stores. When Conner was this age, people would say how little he was, and a few people even asked me where the other half of him was! (Not the thing to say to a new, first time mom - any mom for that matter!) Anyway, people kept commenting how big Cayden was all day which made me feel good. :) He loves to eat that's for sure.
To SLEEP or Not to SLEEP at NIGHT...That is the Question ???
I seemed to get a little ahead of myself by announcing/believing that Cayden was already sleeping through the night. He was for the first few weeks, but it was definitely the "newborn" in him and now...well, he's NOT! To be honest, we seem to be going backwards with the whole creating a night routine. Every night is different no matter how hard I try to tweak it. I've been feeding him around 10PM and topping him off with a bottle of formula just to encourage a long stretch, but it's not going in my favor right now. He woke up at 1:00AM last night, but I held off feeding him until 2:30AM, and he was back up at 4:00AM!! I ended up holding him until 6:30 this morning just to get some shut eye, although it wasn't very restful. I'm having to nap when he naps throughout the day which is why I'm 100% okay with sending Conner to school while we transition into a routine. It seemed to be much more natural with Conner Man. Cayden is still such a happy, content baby, but our nights have been very inconsistent to say the least...and I'm not so good without sleep. I pray the Lord gives me energy and patience during this time and to remember that this too shall pass.
I've been feeding him every two hours during the day so that his belly will be full enough to take longer breaks during the night. (Hasn't happened.) So, today I'm gonna flip flop that and try to feed him every 3/4 hours during the day in HIGH hopes that he will programed to wait longer between each feeding. Who knows?! I'm struggling..any advice out there would be great!! I guess I'm more nervous knowing that I'll be going back to work and my timeline at home is sneaking up on me....I pray all this is worked out by January.
Nursing is still going great...I may try to begin dropping a feeding and replacing it with formula so that he will be weaned before I have to go back to work. I'm not a "pump" candidate considering we don't have the $$$ for those fancy-schmancy kind and I've tried the hand-held one...not happening. Oh well, I'm okay. I nursed Conner for 10 months, but I was never one of those moms who was stressed that my baby HAD to have breast milk. I simply took it little by little making small goals along the way and was successful for 10 months!! :) With Cayden, I knew from the beginning that he would not be nursed as long since I'm going back to work in January, but three or four months is better than nothing. :)





1 comment:
I certainly know it's different for each baby, but I would feed Mary Morgan every 3, no longer than 4, hours during the day, and try and stretch her as long as she would at night. Sometimes that meant the bassinet for 3 hours and then with me holding her for the next 2 to 3 hours. But after a while, she started sleeping for 6 to 8 hours at night! I hope all is well with you and your family! Those boys of yours are precious!!!
Post a Comment