Yay!! Much better night last night!
As I stated in the post below, I decided to nurse Cayden every 3 hours rather than every 2, and there even was a 4 hour gap yesterday afternoon. My last feeding ended up being at 9:30PM, and that's when both Cayden and myself (not knowing how the night would go) went to sleep. Plus, we decided not to top him off with formula to see how that goes. We put Cayden down while he was awake, and David just plugged him up a few times while patting his belly. This is what we did with Conner Man, and he was sleeping all night at 2 months old. Part of me wants to rock him to sleep, but in the long run, it truly is best for babies to drift off asleep on their own so that when they wake up, they don't have to worry where Mommy or Daddy went. We get in lots of cuddle/rock time during the day...trust me. ;) Anyway, Mr. Man didn't wake up until 3:30AM which was a 6 hour stretch. Thank you Lord!! I pray this continues. After I fed him, I put him back down at 4:00AM (awake), and he simply grunted himself back to sleep. I thought for sure I would have to break out the paci, but he never cried one time. He's not that into the paci as Conner was, but he's quite the grunter. David has nicknamed him "Gremlin" because of it. Ha!! He woke up at 7:15AM this morning which was just perfect in my book!! I feel so good today that I'm about to get ready to hit the town for some Christmas shopping. Yay!!
I hope you and your families have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! This will be the first for us, not only as a family of four, but this is the first year we are not having the traditional feast with extended family. :(
We usually travel up north for Thanksgiving and get to have back to back Thanksgiving dinners with ALL the trimmings at his parents' house and mine. Well, this year, since we're not traveling, I've decided to go totally "non-traditional" and cook red beans and rice and cheesy potato casserole...I know, I know...so not the same. Thankfully, we had an early Thanksgiving at G.G.'s a few weeks ago, so we're not totally missing out.
OH. MY. GOODNESS. Things have just changed as I'm writing this post. :) My Aunt Meg just called and asked if we could join them for Thanksgiving!! I'm beyond excited...and full of thanks!!





1 comment:
we have been going through the same thing with our little cman- fussiness, restlessness- not crying, just "grunting" all night. misery! i told keith we were going to have to have baby bootcamp this next week and do some different stuff. surprisingly enough though, last night i made up my mind i was NOT going to pick him up unless i knew it was time to eat- and the rest of the time just pat and give him his pacifier. thankfully, it worked, he managed to settle down and slept much better- he even had a six hour stretch! i can't tell you how much better i feel today. let's pray it works again tonight!
Post a Comment